Tuesday 27 August 2013

Mini Flapjacks

These days I'm always on the run and sometimes I forgot to eat the breakfast or have an afternoon break. I promised myself to get better and keep with me some healthy little things like müsli bars, nuts, dried fruits or cereal biscuits. 

Obviously you can also make snacks yourself if you find the time :)
I modified the traditional British Flapjack recipe to a more nutritional one and came up with these mini bars. This is just the first version. I'm surely going to try others too because they were so good!!

MINI FLAPJACKS

300g (6 dl) oatmeal
100 g (1,5 dl) sesame seeds
5 tablespoons maple syrup
5 tablespoons honey
50 g melted margarin (vegetal)
2 medium bananas mashed
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 200 C. Prepare an oven tin covering it with a baking paper.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients together starting first with oatmeal and sesame seeds, continuing with maple syrup, honey and margarin, last add mashed bananas and cinnamon. Mix well, pour it in the oven tin and bake for about 15 minutes until it turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. After cut small bars of it and make little portions covering them with alluminium foil. Better kept in the fridge, ok also in a room temperature max one day. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment