Monday 8 July 2013

Tartes Aux Citrons


My parents and my sister went for a vacation at the French Riviera in the city of Menton. 
I was so depressed because I couldn't go with them (I just started a new job so I have few holidays) but to cheer me up they brought many little gifts and delicatessen. 

Besides foie gras, baguette and cheeses, one of the most delicious things I got were the little lemon tartlets which I wanted to imitate immediately.

TARTES AUX CITRONS (8 small pies)

Base:

150 g butter
85 g (1 dl) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 egg
200 g (2,5dl) white flour

Filling:

3 lemons (bio)
150 g (1,75dl) sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of Maizena

+  sugared whipped cream

Prepare little pie tins spreading butter and sprinkling some breadcrumbs on them. 
In a bowl mix the room temperature butter with sugar, then add vanilla sugar, egg and in the end white flour little by little mixing very well. Divide the dough in eight pieces and make them little flat cakes with a help of a rolling pin. Place the dough sheets on the tins and press them on them covering also the linings. Bake the pies at 180 C for 10-15 minutes until they turn golden brown, then remove from the oven.

Prepare the filling by heating the juice of the all three lemons and the zest of two in a pan until it's almost boiling. Add the sugar and then maizena mixing very carefully. Let cook for a while still mixing and then reduce the heat. Beat the eggs into a foam and combine them with the lemon mix. Turn off the heat, mix well until the texture is all smooth and let cool. 

Pour the filling on the pie bases and place the tartlets in the fridge at least for an hour. 
Serve with whipped cream and enjoy :)



























































No comments:

Post a Comment