Saturday 20 July 2013

Feta-Eggplant Rolls




Eggplant and Feta cheese are one of my favourite summer ingredients, I could eat them everyday. 
They remind me of vacations in Greece and Turkey, places I adore!! 
I used a ready bread dough this time, I was in a hurry because I had a friend coming over :) But if you prefer you can make the base yourself. Just a simple white bread dough :) 
I promise to make some bread soon..

FETA-EGGPLANT ROLLS

1 pack of ready white bread dough 

Filling:
1 medium eggplant 
olive oil for frying
50 ml tomato puree
Pepper, salt and hint of mint
Lots of fresh basil
200 g Feta cheese

Prepare an oven pan with bun liners. 
Cut the eggplant into slices and sprinkle some salt on it. Let it stay for an hour and wipe off the extra salt and the water off the surface. Cut the slices into cubes and fry in a pan with olive oil until the cubes turn golden and soft. Add tomato puree, pepper, salt and mint. Mix and let cool a bit.
Make the bread dough into 1 cm thick rectangular. Cut the feta cheese into cubes. Spread the eggplant mix on the dough leaving one side of the long side plain. Add the feta cubes and fresh basil. Start making a log leaving the plain side last. With a sharp knife cut 3 cm thick pieces and place them on the bun liners. Bake the rolls in the 200 C for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with a nice salad, olives and glass of white wine ;) 







No comments:

Post a Comment