Tuesday 4 June 2013

Pink Pastries





Marzipan is one of my passions, I've loved it since I was a little girl.
My parents told me that one Christmas when I was three years old, we were at my Mom's aunt home and they had a gingerbread house (a very classic Scandinavian thing). Around this Christmas cookie house, "on the yard", there were small animals made of marzipan. I was obsessed with a little pink piggy and so worried that someone else was going to eat it before me, so I kept staring at it all evening. Obviously in the end it was given to me, I've always been spoiled :)

In these pastries I combine pink marzipan with my other weakness, marshmallows. 
Best served with sparking rosé wine.

PINK PASTRIES

250 g marzipan coloured as you wish (I prefer pink)
200 g marshmallows
150 g round thick cookies (chocolate chip/butter cookies)

+ sprinkles

Lay the cookies on a plate. In a clean surface cut the marzipan into pieces and make balls and then with the help of a rollingpin make thin (2mm) rounds. Use some icing sugar to make sure the marzipan doesn't get too sticky.
In a microwave melt the marshmallows on a deep plate in a medium heat checking frequently to make sure they don't burn. With a help of two big spoons place a big amount of marshmallow foam on a cookie. Continue to do this and in the end place gently the marzipan sheets on the pastry to cover it all way down. To make sure the sprinkles stay on the surface, moist the marzipan on top a bit with water and add the sprinkles on them. Place in the fridge for a while and serve :)





No comments:

Post a Comment